But installing any old anti-malware won't do. You should make sure it's not only a decent one from one of the big brands but that it is always up-to-date too. Having said that it's always good to get into the habit of knowing exactly what you do and don't want on your PC. That way if you get the feeling that your PC is running sluggishly or acting 'weird' you can check it out sooner rather than later before it causes more problems than are necessary.
Click.cpvrdr comes bundled with PUPs. Technically speaking, PUPs are not actually viruses but they are very likely something you don't want on your computer and will want to delete it as soon as possible. As well as hijacking your browser, a PUP may make using your laptop a slow and tedious process.
So it's probably fair to say that you don't want a Potentially Unwanted Program on your computer so how do you stop it from happening? Because PUPs are normally installed when you download programs, software or videos you should ensure that you only download what you actually need and not some 'special offer' that has been stealth bundled with it.
All of us need or want to download programs, software and applications on a pretty regular basis and so the trick is to take a few moments to carefully read the EULA – the end user license agreement and not just click 'OK' when you're downloading something. Any check boxes relating to a PUP might have been pre-checked so make sure that you uncheck them if you don't want the add-on.
As I mentioned above, it can't be overstated how important it is not only pay attention but to also have a good anti-malware software running on your PC. Install it, run it and make sure there is nothing unwanted hiding on your computer. To remove click.cpvrdr virus from your computer, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
A Guide to Removing click.cpvrdr virus:1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove click.cpvrdr related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- HD-Plus 3.5
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove click.cpvrdr related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove BlocckkTheAds, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove click.cpvrdr related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove BlocckkTheAds, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove click.cpvrdr related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.